Tuesday 15 March 2011

Step into the world

Some of these beads have been waiting so long that my heart was aching every time I looked at them in my bead collection. Now it was their time.

In my first post here I already mentioned that green is my favourite color. No wonder that this time again I built up the necklace around one single green bead, made of ceramic.

The best advice I ever got or read anywhere was not to create average stuff for average people because that is not what I am supposed to do. I have been thinking about this advice for the last days and I try to incorporate it into my works as much as possible.

I am sure that anyone willing to buy and wear handmade jewelry cannot be average, for they could as well buy plastic jewelry in Tesco which could still look good - but never unique or valuable. There is so much to discover in the world as well as in ourselves that we just cannot stop at any point in our life to develop in this process and we should never be afraid to get deep into what and who we really are - opposed to what and who the people and the world wants us to be seen. You just cannot spend too much time or energy on this. Be brave, step out of that circle you live in, step into the world, step into your world and find out what is there!

Normally I love delicate and bold jewelry too but I prefer bold pieces. This wooden necklace is an example for that.

I will put it on sale soon hoping that its new owner will wear it in good health and that my necklace will make her a little bit more herself: a braver, less average self.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment